Chobham Academy is currently looking to appoint a qualified Teacher of History and Government & Politics to join its team of specialists.Your opportunity
Passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people? Join us. We look for teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations.
We are looking for an experienced History teacher, with Government and Politics, to join our thriving Faculty. Candidates should have good experience of teaching Key Stage History at Key Stage 3 and 4 plus Key Stage 5 Government and Politics.
It is the aim of the Humanities department is to deliver an education of benefit to every pupil. All pupils are encouraged and enabled to reach their potential within the subject. All are expected to acquire a range of skills, political and otherwise, and a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Pupils are further encouraged to develop a mature approach to study and a sense of responsibility for their own learning.
The Faculty has 16 teachers across Key Stage 3 humanities and five specialist subjects at GCSE and A Level.
Advance your career within the Federation's supportive academy environment established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders. With unrivalled opportunities for progression, we can provide bespoke courses and qualifications to match your aspirations, whether that be as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed. What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London and helping create exceptional places of learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
- Support the subject area as appropriate and provide direction for Subject Lead and teachers.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
- Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute significantly to raising standards of students' attainment as a teacher and form tutor.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.About Chobham Academy:
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 as part of the Harris Federation. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. Chobham Academy is judged "Outstanding" in every category by Ofsted.Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through Academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Find out more about Our Benefits Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.