Resourcery Group are pleased to be recruiting a Group Financial Accountant for one of the Northwest's most prestigious businesses. With a succession plan in place, career progression is certain. You will be mentored by an extremely capable Finance Manager and the Head of Finance throughout your career, offering you the opportunity to grow within this FTSE listed company.
Successful applicants will have qualified in Practice (ACA or ACCA), be results driven, focused on your career development, credible, trustworthy and possess the ability to develop strong working relationships across the wider business. This role reports into the Finance Manager and will work within a small team, encompassing management and financial accounting/reporting, Group statutory reporting and technical analysis, internal controls and processes, taxes and treasury. The role is responsible for:-
- Production of monthly management and financial accounts and associated commentaries
- Group statutory reporting and associated technical analysis and interpretation
- Production of VAT and Corporation Tax returns and associated expertise within the business
- Focus on systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised and processes are scalable as the business continues to grow
You will be responsible for both preparing outputs and managing a wide variety of deliverables within the team ensuring that your own and the team's deliverables as outlined below are produced on a reliable, relevant, accurate and timely basis.
Management and financial accounts/reporting:
- Production of monthly management and financial accounts packs to include analysis and commentary on all areas of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Control and reporting of Capex spend
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and controls have been applied, including the maintenance/development/improvement of internal controls reporting and all associated documentation
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and any issues dealt with promptly
- Production of Group consolidated and individual statutory accounts and drafting of associated press releases, presentation materials, Annual Report, Audit Committee papers etc
- Liaison point with external auditors.
- Review and analysis of accounting regulation changes and preparation of technical papers to propose and support accounting treatments
- Preparation, review and delivery of corporate and deferred tax calculations for statutory reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting:
- Assisting the Opex & Headcount Manager and Commercial Finance teams in the process for producing annual budgets and rolling forecasts
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Working with the Systems team to continually develop our use of Board and Workday functionality and continue to migrate away from Excel based inputs/outputs whilst constantly seeking to maintain and improve the control environment
Who are Resourcery Group?
- ACA or ACCA qualified from top 20 firm.
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Experience of year end Group reporting process through to delivery of Annual Report and associated materials
- Ability to review and analyse data or complex technical accounting issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- The ability to form close working relationships with management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and influence them where necessary
- An understanding of the key drivers of the model and how developments or changes could impact from an accounting and tax perspective
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies. Resourcery Group
have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading employers, from owner-managed SMEs and PE-backed business to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach. Resourcery Group
specialise in talent identification, attraction, resourcing and retention,
providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified, Part-Qualified and Transactional markets for Industry & Commerce, Public Sector and Not-for-Profit. Please visit our website
: www.resourcerygroup.com for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.