Reed Procurement & Supply Chain division are delighted to be working alongside our valued Public Sector client based in Durham on the appointment of a Contracts Manager to join their business on an 23 Month Fixed Term Contract
The role will initially be remote working
and will ideally commence in December 2020 with a provisional end date of November 2022. This may be extended.
You would need to live in travel distance of Durham to be considered for the role.
It is offering circa £45,000 per annum.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 and there will likely be monthly travel to London (Covid permitting).You MUST have Contracts Management experience within the Public Sector to be considered!Job Role;
Reporting to the Head of Contracts, the role holder will have responsibility for ensuring that the Business Process Outsourced (BPO) Agreement is managed to a high standard complying with all reporting, audit and other relevant requirements.
The purpose of this role is to provide additional capacity, expertise, and resilience to the ongoing management of the BPO contractual agreement. This will include, but not necessarily be limited to;
- The negotiation and storage of all Change Requests
- The monitoring and tracking of contract deliverables
- Tracking of ongoing costs relating to Change Requests
- Ensuring value for money in all aspects of contract management
- Oversee the signed execution of Agreement Amendments
- Oversight and assurance of the BPO Partners' third party supply chain
- To provide expert advice to the Directorates on aspects of the contract at the point of need
- To ensure value for money and compliance via proactive contract management
- To use Agile methodologies to drive improvements in contract management
- To agree, execute and record all agreed amendments to the contract
- To ensure the contract is managed proactively and in a state of readiness to facilitate an extension or re-tender
- To ensure the BPO partner's third parties are on-boarded and managed in full compliance with the requirements of the contract
- To track, monitor and report on the contractual deliverables
- To develop a detailed working knowledge of the BPO Services Agreement and develop positive strategic commercial relationships with the incumbent supplier
- To contribute towards the strategic planning on the future of the BPO services agreement
- To maintain accurate records of all contract documentation
- To help prepare reports for Executive Committee on the performance of the contract
- Must be confident and assertive in approach
- Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2 or similar - advantageous
- Contract Management experience within the Public Sector
- Experience of developing and maintaining positive commercial relations
- Experience of commercial negotiation within the public sector
- Experience of benefits realisation and risk management
- Ability to ensure value for money when spending public money
- Experience of delivering presentations and writing reports for Executive Committee and Board
We are working to a tight deadline on this role with a closing date of Tuesday 24th November 2020. Please do not hesitate in applying if interested.