Health and Social Care TeacherMPS - UPS + TLR£24, 373 - £40, 490 + £8,291 April 2021Milton KeynesAre you a skilled and experienced Health and Social Care teacher?Do you have good KS5 teaching experience, ideally in a secondary school?Would you be interested in taking on Head of Sixth form responsibilities?
We are working with an academy school in the Milton Keynes area to support their recruitment of a Health and Social Care teacher to join their department in April 2021. This is a permanent post and would only be suitable for an experienced teacher with a track-record of good KS5 teaching and pupil outcomes to match. The school would like the successful candidate to take on the additional responsibility of Head of Sixth form, for which a significant TLR will be available. As such, previous experience leading a subject or key stage would be advantageous but is not essential.
Relationships between teachers and pupils at the school are consistently positive. Pupils listen carefully and are respectful to one another, which enables teachers to fully focus on pupils' progress in lessons.
The school has high aspirations for their pupils, and they are looking for a teacher who has the same drive and determination to ensure every child succeeds. You will have experience teaching KS5 and ideally KS3 and KS4 as well.Job Purpose:
- Motivate, encourage and enthuse pupils in relation to Health and Social Care
- To ensure the highest quality curriculum provision and effective teaching, which promotes learning
- To carry out professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with current DfE Teachers Pay & Conditions Document
Lesson planning and effective delivery to meet the needs of all learners
In addition to classroom teaching, responsibilities will include:
- Assessment and recording of achievement
- Monitoring of student progress and reporting to parents and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Managing the classroom and resources effectively in order to create a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment for all students
- To maintain positive discipline and promote the well-being and progress of students, providing guidance and advice
- Monitoring patterns of attendance and punctuality
- To engage fully with professional development activities
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents and students, maintaining effective lines of communication
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, with interviews taking place as and when suitable applications are received. As such, early application is advised.For more information, including an applicant pack for the Head of Sixth form role, please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd. on
- Day-to-day management, control and operation of the Sixth Form, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources
- Ensure that the Sixth Form is a well-managed and vibrant learning environment that encourages a studious approach from students
- Coach, mentor and train year tutors, facilitating team planning
- Lead year group meetings
- Create a tutor programme to prepare students for independent learning and giving them the study skills required for L3/A level learning
- Work with the Assistant Principal for KS5 and Specialism to ensure that all aspects of the SMSC programme are covered within the Sixth Form tutor programme
- Review the programme yearly
- Create a SOL for tutors to follow
- Task all tutors to plan the tutor programme
- QA the tutor programme
- Organise and deliver assemblies
- Manage all L3 attendance and progress meetings
- Be responsible for the performance management and the efficient and effective deployment of the Assistant Head of Sixth Form
- Update all Sixth Form Baselines in relation to lateness, attendance, and academic progress
The trust has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).