are proud to be supporting a world leading provider of scientific equipment whilst they look to appoint an Instrument Engineer
to join their rapidly growing team based in Dartford, Kent
. This position will be on a temp to perm basis with a view to convert to a permanent position following 12 weeks of temping. Permanent salary will be circa £33,000, with an equivalent hourly rate whilst contracting.
We would like to hear from candidate's who have previous experience maintaining and repairing of manufacturing and laboratory equipment, calibrating according to internal SOPs and technical fault finding/repairing. The successful applicant will be working with internal customers to plan equipment availability, equipment access and also managing external contractors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To apply a range of skills including, faultfinding and mechanical / electrical repairs to the equipment on site.
- Delivery of planned maintenance on time and in full to ensure compliance and continuity of production.
- Application of methodical thinking to help diagnose equipment issues.
- Support in the delivery of capital expenditure projects through to completion.
- To use continuous improvement tools to activities and process change initiatives i.e. Kaizen activity, 5S and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To be actively involved in the company's Practical Process Improvement (PPI) program
- To apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to breakdowns and to ensure any identified corrective and preventative actions are completed.
- Plan and supervise external contractors and service engineers, ensuring works completed as required and ensuring safe working procedures are adhered to.
- Performing to measures within specific goals aligned with departmental plans and the company goal tree (KPIs).
- To comply with all health, safety and environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instructions relevant to working within their area of the Company
Must be educated to GCSE or equivalent standard.
- City & Guilds/BTEC ONC in Mechanical / Process Engineering.
- HNC/HND in Operations and Maintenance
- A HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- Electrical competency is desirable
- Proven experience in FMCG Pharma/Food industry experience in a process or packing environment would be preferred.
- IT Literacy required and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of improvement project involvement and delivery is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, showing drive and commitment to continuous improvement.
- A flexible and conscientious outlook is essential. You would also be expected to demonstrate role model behaviour at all times in order to develop internal and external customer relations.
- Must be able to participate in an On-call Rota, therefore it is essential to live within 1 hour commuting distance of the facility.
- A full 5-year employment check will be conducted prior to commencement
- Salary - circa £33K
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays (post 12 weeks)
- Subsidised canteen
- Flexible benefits package (when permanent)
- On site parking
Think this could be the role for you? Please apply online with an updated CV and a consultant will be in touch soon. Please note the ideal candidate will be able to start immediately.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy