We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager for our Paignton based client. Your key area of responsibility will include managing the day to day operations of the companies manufacturing facilities, ensuring that all activities are completed in accordance with the time, cost and quality required to meet and exceed customers expectations, whilst delivering on profit margins for the business.
The business currently uses OrderWise, however similar MRP system experience would also transfer well i.e. - SAP or SAGE. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and build relationships with suppliers, customers, and the internal team. ISO9001 & Environmental System 14001 knowledge would be very helpful, as well as a technical sector background (mechanical, electrical, or engineering). You will need a clear understanding of how the shop floor operates, so previous Production or Warehouse Management experience would transfer well into this role.
Duties associated with the role include -
* Management of the whole Production Team, including the Supervisors, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers to meet the companies Order Book requirements.
* Monitoring all incoming orders, and the existing order book, updating and liaising with the Production Supervisor to ensure that all parts necessary (standard & non-standard), are built and available when required.
* Working closely with Stock Control & Purchasing to Coordinate Stock requirements for upcoming projects and large volume orders.
* Liaising with the Sales Team and providing support where necessary.
* Issuing and managing the Productions & Dispatch requirements, targets, and priorities.
* Ensuring that you support the continuous improvement of the systems and processes, to ensure optimum stock management, production efficiency and cost. Setting KPI's where required.
* Delegation of tasks to the production team, ensuring that you direct, coach, encourage and motivate.
* Setting controls and monitoring performance, acting upon any issues, as necessary.
* Carrying out disciplinary action if necessary, in line with company policy and supported by HR.
* Reporting all potential & actual stock shortfalls discrepancies, health & safety, non-conformances, and any other risk to production to the Directors immediately.
* Adherence to Quality Procedures, and close liaison with the Quality Team.
* Ensuring that the businesses strict Health & Safety guidelines are always adhered to.
* Obtaining all necessary approvals, risk assessments and method statements before any Sub-Contractors works begin.
This role would suit a candidate with a good knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, and warehouse procedures, and is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving local business. Hours of work will be Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (40-hour week). On top of the competitive salary there is a generous discretionary annual bonus. If you have the skills and experience required apply today