Senior Electrical Design EngineerBrighton£52,000 - £60,000 + Car or Allowance + Comprehensive Benefits
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer
for our client who is a large and well known organisation engaged in smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation and defence markets. Further to their previous partnership they have been awarded the follow on contract to deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and waste water treatment works in the eastern half of their region (Kent & East Sussex).
As the Senior Electrical Design Engineer you will prepare, develop and check electrical designs to suit contract requirements on projects ranging from 11kV distribution to mA instrument signals ensuring that EICA designs are deployed effectively, economically and in accordance with all appropriate regulations and specifications. You will provide design guidance and support to regional delivery teams and represent the EICA design department at all levels within our clients business including client meetings.More of what you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts.
- Attend internal and external design meetings and liaise with other design disciplines.
- Interact with Network Operating Companies (NOC's).
- Carryout surveys at site visits.
- Gain approval of designs from Clients.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier's premises and produce reports.
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification.
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors are in accordance with all appropriate regulations.
- Champion Electrical design health and Safety.
- Several years' experience in EICA design in the water/process industry.
- Electrical Engineering Degree, HND/BTEC or equivalent.
- Desirable - Chartered Engineer Status or member of a Senior Engineering Institute such as IET and working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical distribution systems including 11kV.
- Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine. Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry.
- Process instrumentation experience.
- Sound knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations.
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification.
If you can demonstrate meeting or exceeding our clients brief then we'd be delighted to hear from you.