37.5 hours per week
£35,000 per annum
Our client is a leading provider of mental health services in Birmingham and the West Midlands. They offer high quality services that support both recovery and wellbeing and they actively work with people so that they can be in control of their lives. With respect for the individual at the forefront of all the work they do, our client has a well-earned reputation for excelling in quality.
With over 50 years' experience of supporting people with mental health difficulties within the local communities our client always strives to challenge the stigma that surrounds mental distress.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to assist in developing a digital strategy, managing its implementation and developing organisation policies and procedures for the use of ICT within the organisation.
About the role
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the design and implementing any chances to the organisations ICT software and hardware, liaising with consultants as appropriate
- Procuring ICT equipment on behalf of the organisation
- Maintaining a comprehensive list of IT hardware and devices and managing the provision of new / replacement devices
- Liaising with external support to ensure that server and network maintenance is optimised
- Monitoring support requests to ensure that tickets are being resolved on a timely basis
- Identifying IT staff training issues and managing / delivering appropriate training
- Line managing the IT Support Technician
The ideal candidate will have recent experience of working in a similar management role and will possess a good level of IT skills. You will be highly organised with experience of managing high volumes of work and changing priorities.
An interest in and good understanding of the following is required;
- IT hardware, and Windows operating software (desktop and servers-Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008 - 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange suppor?t?
- Computer and networking hardware, protocols and principles
- Mobile technology (iOS)
- The ability to manipulate data
Benefits include an attractive defined contribution pension scheme, Paycare which offers employees affordable cover for a range of healthcare treatments, an Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling and a comprehensive training programme.
Our client's people are key to the success of the organisation and they are recognised as both a Mindful Employer as well as achieving Gold standard success in Investors in People. They welcome applications from people who have experienced mental health difficulties.
The closing date for applications is 3 December 2020
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 15 December 2020
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91253750