Are you ready to lead an inhouse product testing department? If you're an Engineer responsible for testing consumer products & you're commutable to the Derby area, we need you to develop our in-house product test facility, lead & develop our Test Engineers & conduct hands on product testing.
BASIC SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000 dependant on your experience
· Performance related KPI bonus paid twice yearly
· Life Assurance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nottingham, Chesterfield, Newark-on-Trent, Loughborough, Burton Upon-Trent, Mansfield, Sheffield
JOB DESCRIPTION: Test Manager - Consumer Goods
It's a new test facility, still in its infancy set up less than 2 years ago. You'll be a hands-on Test Manager, you're a leader - you want to be involved in hands on product testing, not just sat in an office report writing. You will know what high quality consumer goods look like (fit, form, function) & you're ready for the challenge of developing our test department to perform at the highest level possible.
Ultimately, if you can improve our current test facility, this will enable us to get our new products to market quicker.
Our products range from existing redeveloped tools & small machines, to brand new ones - this will keep the role interesting & challenging for you.
The current team is three Test Engineers & you'll need to learn their strengths & weaknesses to decide how you are going to develop them. There is also great scope for you to grow the team & department further - thus challenging you career as a Test Manager.
You'll also need to be happy managing internal stakeholders, mainly the procurement department.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Test Manager - Consumer Goods
· Conduct product testing for fit, form & function of new products & determine if those products meet the product specification
· Updating product test logs & technical files internally
· Leading the test department, you'll need to judge a products' build quality (safety, design, performance & compliance), compile reports & findings on your tests conducted & feedback to buyers & 3rd party manufacturers
· Create product construction files, declarations of conformity & technical briefs for new & existing products
· Overall responsibility for ensuring that products, procedures and documents meet directives, product standards & EU/UK legislation
· Ensure that corrective actions raised on product evaluations are resolved, checked & prioritised
· Work effectively with third party test houses
YOUR BACKGROUND: Test Manager - Consumer Goods
You could already be a Test Manager, having previously been a Test Engineer & developed into a more senior test role.
Or you could be a Senior Test Engineer and are now ready to step up into this role. Maybe, as a Test Engineer you had a short secondment into a senior role, or you'd been involved in continuous improvement within an in-house test department. Either way you think your background is relevant.
· Your experience of performance testing will have covered a variety of electrical &/or mechanical products for the consumer or professional markets
· You'll need specific knowledge of the compliance related to the Machinery, EMC and Low Voltage Directives, RoHS, PAH's and REACH as well as a thorough understanding of product standards, directives & legislation in relation to product design, functionality & safety for relation to electrical & mechanical tools & machinery
Finally - if as a Test Engineer / Test Manager you have experience with imported electrical consumer products or test houses in the Far East - you'd better understand our processes.
We are one of the leading manufacturers of electrical/mechanical power tools, products & machines to the UK & EU consumer markets.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Test Engineer, Test Manager : consumer goods. Electrical, Mechanical, Machinery, EMC, quality, reliability, industrial design, advanced engineering, tools
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC16140, Wallace Hind Selection