Patient Safety Alert Co-ordinatorLocation:
Expected to be on going on a Ad Hoc basisHours:
37.5 Hours Mon to FriSalary: Band 5:
£15.26 - £18.25 PAYE Band 6:
£19.25 - £22.50 (Banding will depending on experience)Payment Method:
Direct engagement as confirmed by the clientResponsibilities:
- Patient safety alerts, you will need to have a governance type background and the ability to work through process of managing a backlog of alerts and the new ones. Database function etc.
- Provide day to day oversight of the work of the Patient Safety Team and assist in managing their work ensuring the investigation of incidents and production of responses are within prescribed timescales and prepared to a high standard.
- Work closely with The Patient Safety Manager in the management of the Serious Incident Group
- Significant experience of compliance and adhering to national and local policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Patient Safety and risk management procedures
- Awareness of Information Governance, Freedom of Information & Data Protection Act
- Experience working in a challenging environment, dealing with a wide range of sensitive and contentious issues and, within an organisation under public and political scrutiny
- Experience of liaising with executive level and senior management staff
- Significant experience working in the NHS preferably in Quality and Safety related role
- Ability to: Influence departmental practice to support Trust Policy and service development Use analytical and judgment skills, when reviewing information which can sometimes be conflicting Liaise with external bodies i.e. Care Quality Commission, NHS Improvement and the relevant Clinical Commissioning Groups Managing and developing staff to deliver on Key Performance Indicators