Creative Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer - Surrey
A Creative Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer, who is super talented in logo generation and quick-fire style guide / concept development, is needed to join a leading toy and games manufacturer, who are determined to become a top 10 global toy company in the next 5 years. Expect to become the ‘go to’ person for logos, style guide creation and concept development.
This role is a maternity cover contract starting in December 2020.
Established 40 years ago, our client enjoy creating and nurturing evergreen games and toys including Sequence, Shark Bite, Crayola, AniMagic & Vet Squad, to name a few – pull up a chair and come and join them for some fun and games! This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Creative Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer to utilise their pack structure experience to deliver leading packaging designs.
Reporting to the Head of Graphics, the Creative Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer will be responsible for designing, artworking, consulting and project managing all graphics and packaging elements from conception through to production. Whether you are brainstorming initial concepts / designs; providing written briefs; generating logos; producing quick fire style guides / concept development; consulting on the features, function, costs & manufacturing issues; providing pack mock ups or keeping up with the latest fashions / trends, it will be your excellent communication skills and understanding of creative graphic design layout, art direction and expertise in current graphic software, that ensures outstanding design projects are completed on time and to budget.
To qualify… You should be a Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer / Creative Designer or similar with as CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
- An awareness of the latest ‘trends’;
- Proficiency in logo generation and quick fire style guide / concept development;
- Experience of cutter guide development and the ability to do artwork;
- Experience of pack structure, as well as a thorough understanding of creative graphic design layout, art direction and expertise in current graphic software;
- A good understanding of current production techniques;
- For the project management side of the role, excellent communication skills, written and oral, are key;
- A strong understanding of aesthetics & colour;
- Excellent creative problem solving skills and initiative;
- The ability to listen and understand other people’s views & objectives, you are able to accept constructive criticism ;
- You are self-motivated & organised with good project management skills;
- You are confident with budgets and schedules.
Experience in toy / games / youth market would be beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer to join a growing and vibrant global team who are passionate about creating market leading, memorable, and innovative toys and games for all ages.