Why apply for this role?
As our team is expanding, we're now seeking a provisioning and forecasting manager to join us. You will be responsible for estimating credit loss reserves and forecasting future credit losses over a range of different scenarios and time horizons.
You will also be involved in providing credit loss projections used internal and external stress testing exercises including those requested by regulatory authorities
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Taking responsibility for operating an IFRS9 impairment provisions process
- Documenting proposals and presenting impacts to relevant committees
- Ensuring IFRS9 models are operated in line with End User Computing (EUC) and SOX standards
- Supporting the Head of Provision & Forecasting with day-to-day management of the wider team and issues that arise
- Managing projects for the Provisions & Forecasting team, including support for the development of IFRS9 compliant provision models
- Engaging with senior stakeholders across, risk and finance
What else you need to know
- A wealth of SAS experience
- Broad and deep knowledge of retail banking credit risk
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience of successfully leading and delivering on multiple complex projects and initiatives
- Ability to engage across departments effectively at all levels and influence management
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.