We're looking for a strategic, ambitious and creative social media expert to run our BBC Cymru Wales accounts.
You'll know what people will like, click, share and comment on.
You'll know how to optimise content for social so that our stories and voices from Wales reach the widest possible audience.
You'll be a natural collaborator, working with marketing and production teams to deliver amazing promotional campaigns.
You'll be obsessed with understanding the data, and sharing insights with your colleagues.
As a champion of social media, you will be responsible for the day to day management of BBC Wales' popular and influential social media accounts (Facebook.com/BBCCymruWales, twitter.com/bbcwales, instagram.com/bbccymruwales).
Specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to;
- Managing the account's editorial plan, including creating/curating, scheduling and targeting content
- Ensuring editorial content meets audience needs, supports the account's brand values and is consistent with the agreed editorial style and tone.
- Working closely with digital production teams to ensure optimised assets are produced for the social accounts.
- Using social listening/measurement/insight tools and dashboards to generate social media reports and contribute to regular social media reviews with colleagues and stakeholders.
For a further breakdown of role responsibilities, please see the job description
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience of managing large scale, social media campaigns and accounts, across multiple platforms. You will also be able to demonstrate the following;
- You will have an understanding of Wales - including its history, culture, people, language and sport
- You will have utilised social platform management tools such as Salesforce Social Studio / Spredfast / Social Flow / Tweetdeck / Hootsuite to schedule content.
- As a creative thinker and innovator, you will have exceptional copywriting skills with the ability to interpret and adhere to brand tone of voice.
- An excellent communicator with experience of developing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- You will have experience of reporting and data analytics on social media channels and will be able to use insights to inform content optimisation strategy.
- Finally, you will have some knowledge of BBC editorial standards and how these impact our output on social channels.
For a further breakdown of skills and experience, please see job description.
Package Description For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here