Female PE Teacher
• KS3 /KS4
• Secondary Academy
• Slough, Berkshire
• January 2021
• Long Term supply position - (Permanent position on offer for the right candidate)
Our client is looking for a committed Female PE Teacher, who has a track record of 'Good' or better teaching and a genuine passion for teaching to join them in January 2021 on a long term supply contract. There is a permanent position on offer for the right teacher. The right applicant will have the confidence and knowledge to differentiate their lessons so that all pupils at KS3 and KS4 are inspired in equal measure. You should be able to inspire your students through your excellent subject knowledge and innovative approach, that when combined creates a really exciting learning environment. This vacancy is open to those who have the personality to make lessons fun and engaging and the confidence in their subject knowledge to plan and deliver effective lessons for all pupils.
The department is a strong department, and supported with 1 other female pe teacher, and 3 other male teachers in the department. The school is fortunate enough to have excellent facilities which include a Sports Hall consisting of 4 badminton courts, 2 cricket nets, a full size basketball court, an indoor football pitch, trampolines and gymnastic equipment. Additionally, the school has its own fitness suite, dance studio, outdoor netball courts and extensive playing field on the school site.
Our client is a secondary academy based in Slough. They are fortunate to have a new state of the art and purpose-built facilities, which provide an outstanding learning environment in which to deliver an exciting curriculum and broader learning opportunities. Additional funding has recently been secured to make further developments and improvements and it is fair to say that learning at the school is not confined to the four walls of the classroom, as teachers are encouraged to utilise the 'break-out' spaces within the building.
The school is delivering a curriculum that focuses on making learning relevant and real, enriched with hands on experiences. A curriculum that encourages enterprise opportunities at all levels, enabling pupils to be confident, responsible and active citizens of Slough. The pupils are resilient and creative learners, able to apply their learning to real life situations. The School offer excellent facilities onsite, along with facilities shared by another local school in the trust.
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
• Be a skilled Female PE Teacher, capable of delivering high-quality teaching and learning outcomes
• Be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons to KS3/KS4
• Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
• Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
• Promote positive behaviour in line with the school's values
• Be committed to your own development and demonstrate a willingness to share good practice
• Set high expectations of achievement and progress, supporting your pupils to reach their full potential.
Please apply as soon as possible by emailing an up to date CV to Katie, or by calling First2Education on (phone number removed) for more details