We are currently seeking a subject specialist SEMH English Teacher to work alongside children and young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties; this will be an incredibly rewarding role and the opportunity to work within an award winning, leading Education Agency. This role is to commence ASAP and will be taking place in one of our Pupil Referral Units in Morpeth (NE61) Northumberland.
Teaching Personnel can offer successful candidates:
- Competitive pay rates of £(Apply online only), however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as; Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour that Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
The successful candidate must have some experience working in some of the following roles:
- Care or Support Worker
- Youth Work
- Within SEN Schools
- Within mainstream schools with a proportion of children and young people with SEND
- Be confident working with children and young people with a multitude of Special Needs
- Teaching or leading a class of students
- QTS qualification and relevant teaching experience
Working as a SEMH Science Teacher, you will be supporting children accompanied by a Teacher Assistant. You will be working with children and young people with a multitude of SEND such as:
- Vulnerable, challenging children
- Behavioural difficulties
- Anger management difficulties
To be accepted for this role, you must have a Child Workforce Only DBS that is registered on the Update Service, or be happy to apply for one through ourselves.
If you are interested in gaining access to our flexible work opportunities please get in touch as soon as possible and speak with one of our specialist SEN consultants. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.