Who we are looking for
Are you from a Strategy Consulting or Corporate Strategy background with a focus on Financial Services or FinTech? Do you have Commercial Due Diligence experience?
PwC's Strategy& Deals practice is growing quickly and we are looking for strategy professionals to join us through the next phase of our journey.
The Strategy& Deals Financial Services team is looking for Managers to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced strategy consultant from a recognised firm or has experience in the strategy department, and specifically in conducting commercial due diligence, in a corporate environment.About the Strategy& Deals Team more broadly:
PwC's Strategy& Deals practice is comprised of approximately 170 consultants in London with strong international practices across the PwC & Strategy& network. Our teams work with a wide variety of corporate clients and investors, with a mix of transaction-related work (commercial due diligence, synergy assessment, pre and post-deal value creation) and strategy development (growth strategy, market entry, initiative prioritisation, policy assessment). We support private equity firms, investment funds and corporate clients through their toughest decisions including group and business unit strategy, investment trade-offs, M&A and much more. In all of these cases we provide detailed evaluation of the target or our client's proposition and market need, and help identify opportunities or constraints to be addressed.About the Strategy& Deals Financial Services team:
You would be joining a fast growing team that consistently works with leading UK and international businesses and private equity investors. Our Financial Services team works across Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Offshore Wealth, and FinTech; with a real variety of assignments from setting up challenger banks to advising governments on offshore wealth trends and investing in fast growth FinTech businesses.
The strategy professional we are looking to recruit will likely specialise in a field of Financial Services. You may be required, from time to time, to work in other sectors as per business needAbout the role
Our projects are typically short and sharp, providing the opportunity to gain a variety of experience across sectors and/or engagement types, whilst continuously learning and developing. You'll work on client projects in teams of varying sizes, coaching less experienced team members. You will be interacting with clients and operating closely with senior members of the team, this combination of responsibility and senior support provides individuals with significant development opportunities.
Typical duties include:
- Leading a team of consultants and taking responsibility for project delivery
- Running projects on a day-to-day basis, structuring and managing the work streams and supervising delivery
- Coordinating with key project stakeholders including clients and other internal teams
- Managing appropriate senior team input and ensuring progress and risks are effectively communicated to senior team members throughout the project
- Planning initial hypotheses and analysis; formulating initial hypotheses based on previous experience, knowledge of the sector and understanding of the scope of work
- Storyboarding to present a compelling narrative to the client
- Developing the approach to address the project brief, and driving research and analysis with appropriate tools and techniques
- Contributing to conclusions and supporting senior team members in presenting back to the client
- Contributing to the wider business through business development, knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring junior team members and other activities
Our team is primarily based in the London Bridge office, with c. 10-20% of time spent on client sites, typically throughout the UK and Europe.Requirements:
- Previous strategy consulting experience from either a strategy consulting firm or the strategy or business development function of a Financial Services business
- Experience of working in or advising clients in the Financial Services industry
- Direct experience of managing strategy and commercial due diligence assignments for private equity or corporate clients, with the ability to act independently
- Strong technical skills in;
- Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics, competitive intensity, etc.)
- Customer analysis (segmentation, customer journeys)
- Internal analysis (capabilities, business model review, financial assessment)
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time between project delivery and business development support effectively
- Good client management skills, including an understanding of how to communicate with clients of different backgrounds and opinions
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members
- Evidence of contributing to the wider team and leading on business development opportunities
- We expect candidates to have an outstanding academic track record and have demonstrated a pattern of exceptional achievement
- Fluency in another (European) language is an asset
You'll be joining a driven and diverse team that's welcoming of your opinions and enables you to develop within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place. Please apply if you have a keen interest in the work we do.