JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION MANAGER (ENGINEERING TEST)
LOCATION: DERBY (CITY CENTRE PROXIMITY)
HOURS: DAYS / DOUBLE DAYS
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-12 MONTHS
SALARY: CIRCA 55Kpa PRO RATA
Working for one of the largest rail companies in the UK, you will manage a large test bay covering subsystems test for new build trains.
- Responsible for ensuring working environment is in line with house keeping and 5s polices.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe and accident free environment.
- Maintaining discipline, team welfare and absence monitoring.
- Initiation, application and Maintaining LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring team tooling is controlled, appropriate, adequate and safe for the purpose.
- Undertake Risk Assessments and risk awareness sessions.
- Undertake Team brief sessions.
- Carry out team member reviews.
- Managing the test department alongside the existing test manager. This includes responsibility for a large number of test technicians, engineers & team leaders/supervisors.
- Ensuring KPIs are set & monitored for the test teams.
- Ensuring that test targets are understood, tracked & achieved.
- Manufacturing or production supervisory experience within a large company from any sector -engineering, automotive, composites, FMCG, electronics, aerospace, parts manufacture, tooling manufacture.
- Internal or external training in any of the following - Team leading, LEAN, 5S, Kaizen, Business Improvement Technique.
- Engineering background - ideally within electrical / electronic but this is not essential
- Exposure to final test within any similar industry is highly beneficial - e.g. aerospace, aviation, nuclear, maritime, defence, rail, HGV, PSV etc
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- Good knowledge of electrical or mechanical engineering
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Ability to meet targets
- Computer literate and able to use MS office
- Managerial & Supervisory experience for large teams
- Qualification in supervisory / management skills is desirable
To apply please email an updated CV to (url removed)
Please not all applicants must be able to pass a Drugs, Alcohol and Rail standard medical. Exact requirements are defined by our client and may be subject to change