A permanent Management Accountant job paying a competitive salary for an exciting business based in Evesham.
£30,000-34,000 per annum (plus 10% bonus)
Mon-Fri (full-time - flexi hours and remote working opportunities available)Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting an expanding organisation in Evesham with the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client, an extremely impressive and fast-paced business, operate in both the UK and overseas and have now become a world leader in their field.Your new role
Reporting into the Group Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the monthly preparation of the direct cost overheads within the P&L as well as elements of financial accounting and internal controls. Working closely with other departments, you will develop reporting and management information with a view to controlling costs and improving processes.
Main duties and responsibilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant month-end information
- Detailed analysis and reconciliation of control accounts and balance sheet accounts
- General ledger, accruals and prepayment journal postings
- Monthly financial analysis
- Liaising with the marketing team to control spend, allocate costs and inform on variances
- Assist in the forecasting and budgeting process
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, EC Sales and Intrastat declarations
- Monitor and report on transfer pricing
- Support with internal control processes and assist with the implementation of new processes
- Uphold statutory audit requirements and assist with annual audit work
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required
What you'll get in return
- Part-qualified Accountant studying towards qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Proven track record in a similar accounting role and a good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Analytically minded and confident in questioning balance sheet and P&L transactions
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience in VAT returns and other government declarations
- Organised, proactive and able to independently take on tasks with a sense of ownership
- Commitment to constantly striving to improve processes and systems
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills - Index, Match, Nested IFS, Pivot Tables, Lookups
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to broaden your experience in a rewarding organisation that provides excellent learning and development opportunities. Alongside this, an attractive benefits package is on offer which includes a financial KPI bonus scheme, study support, flexible working, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (and an extra day off for your birthday), health scheme, contributory pension scheme, onsite fitness/gym classes and many more.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.