Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mould to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Here is your opportunity: Amazon is looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented Program Manager in Amazon Transportation Services.
In this role, you will be the interface for Amazon Transportation Services across technology, product development, network design, supply chain and operations partners responsible for scoping and defining the requirements and determining the implementation plan to meet our customers' needs while satisfying performance, network stability and budget goals in EU. This role is based in the UK.
The responsibilities of a Program Manager, Network Development are:
• Lead the coordination with business, technical and senior leadership teams to own and identify operational requirements, and impact of Amazon wide initiatives across Amazon Transportation Services.
• Lead initiatives to prepare the network for peak volumes and achieve cost objectives by managing network transformations ensuring cost efficiently and maintaining the high customer experience bar.
• Responsible for managing all elements of the projects, including organizing and planning, estimating, managing resources, tracking and controlling projects, managing risk & opportunity, managing quality, communicating & documenting, and change management
• Outstanding problem solving ability and technical aptitude. Ability to recognize gaps in change management, workflows and operational processes and procedures.
• Own metrics and performance indicators related to initiatives to measure overall performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
• Communicate in a clear, precise, and regular format with all partners and stakeholders, including ongoing project status reports as well as capturing requirements from stakeholder teams.
• BA or BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or other technical field
• 3+ years' experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production/manufacturing
• Proven Project Management experience in a related industry, experience developing and refining technical and business operational processes and influencing business decisions using data analysis
• Results oriented approach with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as experience communicating and influencing with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial.
• Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
• Fluency in English. Further additional EU languages also beneficial
• Master's degree or equivalent in Logistics / Supply Chain / Mathematics / Science / Engineering / Business Development.
• Experience using six sigma and statistical problem solving methods.
• Proficiency with analytics tools such as TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge.
• Fluency in German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other European languages