About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
The key purpose of the High Output Track function is the efficient delivery of track renewals and enhancements through improved specification, better utilisation of resources and the professional control and management of projects. Its focus is to renew and improve the rail infrastructure to deliver our dedications for the future through increased efficiency and value for money.
High Output Track Renewals (HOTR) deploy throughout the UK renewing the track infrastructure, contributing significantly to the reliability and performance of the rail network. HOTR are responsible for all planning, preparatory, core and follow up activities associated with the renewal.
Brief Description Job Purpose
Responsible for leading the depot team responsible for site based preparatory, core and follow up activities. Manage the Depots relationship with external suppliers with respect to safety and performance.
Is responsible for efficient resourcing of delivery plans and their safe and successful execution on site in line with company standards and processes, to the agreed client specification.
About the role (External) Key Accountabilities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Support the achievement of business objectives by delivering work campaigns safely, in line with programme, cost and quality criteria. Provide timely and accurate reporting as required by the Depot Manager (High Output). Provide timely and accurate reporting as required by the Depot Manager (High Output).
- Responsible for overseeing the production of all method statements and associated documents, review and monitor the programme to monitor that all deliverables are met and confirm all industry legislation, standards, specifications and methodologies are complied with during the delivery of the work, and intervene where necessary.
- Confirm all company and group procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Work with the Campaign Manager (High Output) to validate the delivery programme, ensuring that it is fundamentally safe and reflects the resources, materials and access available. Confirm final completion activities are completed in line with the agreed specification.
- Safeguard that all directly owned small plant, tools and hired items are identified, ordered and managed in manner that maximises value for the programme.
- Report weekly progress against programme; identifying reasons for variance, unplanned works and associated costs. This is valuable to inform continuous improvement.
- Identify training and development needs including critical, personal and professional training and to put in place applicable succession plans through directing and undertaking performance reviews of all Depot staff in line with Network Rails Performance Management Policy. Comply with and implement HR policies such as the disciplinary procedure. Support and promote Network Rail working processes and practices and reinforce behaviours at every opportunity.
- Undertake accident investigation when remitted by the relevant designated competent person. Comply with legislation and industry standards , follow and Comply with High Output rules, procedures and working practices, this will include carrying out safety tours and briefs.
- Demonstrates proven record of successful team management
- Proven experience in a railway environment
- Good commercial awareness / knowledge
- Ability to lead and motivate people to guarantee compliance with all relevant technical, quality, environmental and safety standards
- Previous production management/engineering experience desirable
- Wide experience of railway or a complementary engineering environment
- Excellent communication and motivation skills essential
- Able to drive or willing to learn
- Knowledge of computer systems desirable
Working towards a professional qualification
How to apply (External) Salary:
51,156 - 57,551
27 th November 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.Please clearly show in your application how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
Click apply now or click here for details of how to apply.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour
is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know that busy lives dont always fit around a traditional working pattern, if you need flexibility to complete your role (eg home working, part time, job share, compressed hours work pattern etc.), just let us know and we will do our upmost to help you to invest in your career with us while balancing other aspects of your life
*Please note we have adapted our recruitment processes in line with Government advice during COVID-19. Interviews will take place virtually over video and for some office-based roles the successful candidate may need to work from home initially using their own personal device. This guidance is subject to change, we will update you accordingly. We appreciate your understanding.