An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) as a DCS&S Engineering Manager
based in Fleet
or Waddington (UK).Position overview:
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services.
As a DCS&S Engineering Manager, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the management and supervision of all DCS&S technical activities at RAF Waddington and BDUK sites, as well as oversight and coordination of all associated engineering activities.
This key role will report to the Head of Training Engineering but provide day to day support to the DCS&S site based Delivery Manager.
We work in an exciting, faced-paced and dynamic environment, but your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.Position responsibilities:
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Managing employees performing engineering activities within DCS&S (Defence Operational Training Capability (Air) Core System & Services)
- Overseeing maintenance of and upgrades to training equipment and the DCS&S development facilities
- Developing and executing project and process plans
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Setting operational goals
- Acquiring resources for projects and processes, providing technical management of suppliers and leading process improvements as required
- Developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Providing oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes and provide technical guidance to resolve engineering issues
- Ensuring safe operation of the equipment and a safe working environment
- Managing, developing and motivating employees
- Please note: Regular travel between the Fleet, Bristol and Waddington offices will be expected
- Demonstrable experience in a similar management role within a military or commercial aviation environment
- Experience in managing a training equipment support team
- Detailed knowledge of the DCS&S programme is highly desirable
- Relevant engineering degree is preferred
- Sound knowledge of support engineering processes, policies, procedures and practices
- Leadership experience practicing the responsibilities above in an accountable environment
- Management experience of Agile Software Engineering people, best practices, processes and tools
- Leadership experience in a dynamic, growing and evolving environment
- Familiarity with Solutions Architecture
- Familiarity with Systems and Software Test and Certification
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible, as recruitment may commence before the end date.