Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available.
Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments. #techleader
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering large, sophisticated projects end-to-end for our new initiatives. Responsibilities include refining business and systems requirements, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating with stakeholders and senior leaders, and managing production launches. You will lead and coordinate design and implementation efforts between teams and develop optimal solutions. You will gain a deep technical understanding of our systems and be able to speak to them and influence their future design. You will be expected to exercise high judgement in order to drive appropriate tradeoffs. You will clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional teams across our team and the wider company.
• Substantial experience delivering complex software development projects.
• Material experience as a project manager or engineering manager in a software development organization.
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in an Agile environment.
• Knowledge of software architecture and system integration.
• Knowledge of project management best practices.
• Experience in gathering business requirements and converting them to technical requirements.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and modern software design.
• Proven track record of delivering significant results.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to peers and leaders at all job levels, and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Project Management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications are desirable (e.g. PMP, Lean or Six Sigma).
• Experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
• Experience in retail, medical, scientific or pharmaceutical industries.