At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our Associates. To get there, we need motivated, hard-working people. If you would like to contribute to building the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) team is looking for an experienced Product Manager-Technical to coordinate and direct efforts across multiple technology and Compliance teams to improve our ability to extract information with computer vision. You will provide the product leadership to make sure we build the right solutions to protect our customers from unsafe or non-compliant products-and improve the growth of our businesses. You will work collaboratively with engineers to define set of features and architecture for our systems so that we quickly and efficiently identify compliance relevant information. These changes directly impact the lives of Customers by enabling them to build confidence in the products we sell in our everything store.
You will define product requirements, technical architecture and design, dependencies, drive projects end-to-end, and collaborate with technical and business teams to develop solutions needed to support new and existing projects. You will shape our technology strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders across the company across retail, marketplace, technology, catalog, and operations, you will have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions. We have very good relationships with our stakeholder teams, and we want to maintain this while we continue to scale and grow.
In this position, the candidate will:
• Support compliance projects by defining a technology launch roadmaps that dove-tail with business and compliance process requirements
• Lead through influence in the technical space and pivot between business, operations and technology teams
• Own and maintain strong relationships with our other product and technology stakeholder teams
• Own development of scalable technology solutions for specific risk based programs (or use cases) by leveraging existing Amazon technology landscape and/or defining new solutions based on new technologies
• Keep abreast with emerging technologies and innovate scalable solution to find new efficiencies in existing programs
• Gathering use cases and develop user stories across teams remotely, primarily focusing on PARS Compliance, to develop product requirements for the Compliance media program working with requestors and dependent teams for relevant engineering teams.
• Proactively Analyze data collected from stakeholders in order to identify problems with significant business impact; facilitate analysis to identify problems and opportunities and to prioritize requested features/requirements for the program
• The remote and global nature of the work requires excellent communication skills to provide clear, concise, accurate, and timely communication (verbal and written) to the right stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple technical projects from concept to deployment
• 6+ years of relevant program/product management experience
• Strong understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Solid communication and negotiation skills to prioritize projects and get commitments from internal stakeholders, including software development managers, engineers, program managers, and leaders at multiple levels across operations, legal, and business areas
• Proven ability to influence remote teams
• Solid writing and communication skills
• Great analytical and project reporting skills
• Unparalleled bias for action with an ability to operate in an ever-growing environment
• A degree in product management, computer science, or engineering or equivalent experience
• An understanding of software product development lifecycles
• An understanding of online application development
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
• Experience working with customer facing UIs and products
• Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services