Kenneth Brian Associates are working on a retained basis with a hugely successful, private equity backed, SME distribution business, based in Central Brighton. The Financial Controller reports to the Finance Director and is responsible for managing the finance department (4 staff) on a day to day basis, providing timely, accurate and relevant management information. This is an exciting time to be joining the business as they prepare to excelerate their growth through 2021.
To be considered for this vacancy you will ideally be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with relevant and demonstrable experience of the following key accountabilities:-
* Management of the finance department which includes all accounting functions and to support all areas of the business.
* Management, motivation and development of Finance team members ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner
* Preparation of monthly and yearly financial accounts, carried out in an accurate and timely manner and ensure the business meets regulatory and statutory reporting requirements.
* Development of electronic and manual financial systems in accordance with the needs of the business.
* To advise the Senior Management team through the provision and interpretation of management information (actuals, budgets and forecasts).
* Management of the daily cashflow function for bank accounts.
* Oversee Credit Control, AP and AR team.
* Liaise with external Auditors team and other suppliers as required.
* Company interface with Customs & Excise for VAT including completion of Paye/VAT returns.
* Any Other task that the Line Manager requests.
You will be experienced in the consolidation of group accounts, have good interpersonal skills to liaise with all departments including senior management and have the ability to manage team members and delegate tasks accordingly.
For further details, please apply to this advert.