A career within Delivering Deal Value services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and complex challenges. We focus on all operational aspects of a transaction, pre and post completion. We conduct pre deal and confirmatory due diligence, execute large scale enterprise wide integrations, and support complex divestitures and separations on a wide range of functional areas such as Information Technology, Operations, Human Capital, Health Industries, and other back office functions.Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
Context and Intro to DDV
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
A career within Delivering Deal Value services will provide you with the opportunity to help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and complex challenges.
Our Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team, within Consulting, assists both Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients in a wide range of business critical operational and transformational challenges, driven by Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity. We advise our clients on deals with values ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion.
We focus on all operational aspects of a transaction, pre and post completion. We conduct pre deal and confirmatory due diligence, execute large scale enterprise wide integrations, and support complex divestitures and separations on a wide range of functional areas such as Information Technology, Operations, Human Capital, Health Industries, and other back office functions.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Managers in the DDV Technology team
The individual will ideally have held an operational line management role with proven experience in Deal activity and delivering quantifiable benefits from M&As or transformational projects.
Whilst primarily London based, our deal involvement is global in nature and candidates must be prepared to travel widely and frequently as and when required.About the role
DDV focuses on providing support for potential/actual transactions and assists clients in all operational aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion, including
• Buy and sell side operational due diligence
• Synergy development and review
• Carve out and divestment support
• Taking control and 100 day planning
• Mergers & Acquisitions Integration
• Post-acquisition performance improvement
As part of the transaction process, the DDV team develops a rapid understanding of the target/client business in order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and upsides around a transaction. We report our findings real time to the client, but typically we will produce clear written reports articulating our findings for any purchaser or vendor. We may also help with post deal implementation advising on synergies, cost reduction opportunities & programme management.
As well as consulting expertise, our team members have considerable industry experience in running businesses and implementing change. Due to continued success and increased demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team.Key responsibilities
Essential skills and experience
- Lead and manage Tech project teams including management of day-to-day tasks, identifying and on-boarding project resources, shaping output, reviewing and delivering quality output. Projects include Due Diligence, Carve Out and Integration;
- Proactively lead on business development in collaboration with the Partner and Directors leading the opportunity; this includes active follow-up on opportunities, leading pitch development, identifying Points Of View and insights;
- Actively initiate / lead on thought leadership, product growth / development, development of smarter tools / process development, etc;
- Proactively develop team members, provide informal coaching both output and 'ways of working' related.
Desirable skills and experience
- Extensive experience of key business application design and/or implementation to include one or more of ERP,CRM, MI, Middleware, eCommerce or any industry specific front office systems
- Comfort around IT and operational analysis to quickly understand the core IT, operational and back offices processes and their associated costs to the business
- Consulting experience (internal or external) and operational exposure
- Experience of reviewing IT enabled performance improvements; IT enabled cost reduction plans and IT capital expenditure needs
- Line management / team management experience
- Deal and M&A related activity, be that due diligence, carve-out or integration.
- Leading and delivering IT change transformation projects
- Restructuring, business improvement expertise
- Leading an IT function/ department or team
- Foreign language skills