About the teamOur Business Restructuring Services (BRS) practice is currently the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices.
Within BRS, our Operational Restructuring practitioners work alongside Senior Executives to drive operational change at pace whether it be to reduce cost as a means of protecting margins, responding to a crisis or to realise the value of a deal or transaction.
We develop and implement realistic and pragmatic plans by applying restructuring and stakeholder management skills, functional knowledge, and proprietary assets and tools to support Executives in making difficult decisions and driving through change in a short timeframe.
About the roleFinancial institutions are under significant pressure to make wholesale changes to their businesses and operating models as a result of the macro-economic and geopolitical landscape, increasing competition and ongoing revenue pressures.
We are expanding ourFinancial Servicesteam to support the increasing demand from our clients across Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance and Asset Management to transform their operations. As well as working with a wide range of clients, you will also work with leading practitioners across the Deals, Strategy & and Consulting practice within the Firm.
As a Senior Manager in the team, you will be responsible for shaping the strategy and leading the implementation and rapid change delivery for our clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Bringing strong sector expertise and a demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing our FS clients to offer insights and value to transformation programmes.
- Assimilating complex information to formulate a structured and pragmatic restructuring strategy best suited to the clients' strategic challenges and cost agenda.
- Undertaking market and client analysis (including peer benchmarking) to understand the clients' commercial challenge and translating this into operational implications.
- Analysing costs and operations information to quantify value creation opportunities with supporting business cases.
- Developing cost savings strategies into a practical and fit for purpose implementation plan for clients, articulating clearly quick wins and longer structural cost transformation initiatives.
- Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, senior management).
- Managing senior stakeholders and inspiring change.
- Developing, managing and sustaining strong client relationships with clients and within the Firm.
- Drawing in expertise from different parts of the Firm to bring a compelling value proposition to clients.
- Mobilising and leading delivery teams including coaching and upskilling of junior team members.
- Actively managing project economics and overall programme governance.
You will also be expected to actively contribute to the development of our team by:
- Leading marketing and business development initiatives (both internally and externally). to continuously develop our position in the market.
- Managing a diverse and inclusive team.
- Coaching and acting as a role model for the junior members of the team.
Essential Skills and ExperienceWe are looking for candidates with the experience of supporting clients throughout the operational transformation lifecycle from strategic opportunity assessment and planning through to supporting the delivery of specific initiatives.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the work, these candidates will have experience either in industry or advisory or ideally both and have the following capabilities:
- Both financial and operational quantitative analytics with an understanding of the business and operating models for financial institutions.
- Experience of developing and delivering complex operational change.
- An appreciation and understanding of the regulatory environment in financial services and the impacts on the operations.
- Experience of managing stakeholders at C-suite level.
- Ability to manage and lead teams including working with ambiguity or conflicting priorities.
- High impact communication in the written and verbal form with extensive experience of development of power point presentations to synthesise analysis and communicate key conclusions.
- Experience of motivating and developing the team around you.
- Ability to leverage technology enabled and digital tools to achieve efficient delivery for our clients.
The role is based in London, but requires flexibility to travel throughout the UK, with the potential to travel overseas, depending on client requirements. With an increasingly agile workforce, we are embrace smarter working where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place.