About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain. SCO aims to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost-effective railway.
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
Every year we:
Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
Process 7,000,000,000 of payments.
Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls. Brief Description
You will provide objective and analytical insight to support and drive the performance and improvements across all products and services provided by Supply Chain Operations (SCO) Regional Delivery Team. You will also provide timely and accurate performance deliverables (including reports) and present information to various levels of audience and stakeholders. Develop and improve data structure and models to utilise various interactive visual tools, with a focus on Power-bi/Business Objects, to support objective and informed decision making. Develop a repeatable process for monitoring and reporting. Furthermore, you will ensure attention to detail, identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement projects. In addition, you will encourage and maintain a data driven service and a learning collaborative culture. About the role (External) Key Accountabilities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Lead the development and delivery of adhoc, weekly and periodic business information packs for the regional delivery team against multiple, defined products and services
- Provide statistically based forecasts of performance, as required by the team. Support the development and tracking of performance targets and trajectories
- Provide performance information for use in supplier relationship management meetings
- Analyse and identify trends and root causes in performance using appropriate analytical techniques
- Lead on the use of visualisation and the production of the data to facilitate it
- Develop and maintain performance models using LEAN tools and techniques that enhance understanding of performance metrics and the relationships that exist between them
- Work with the wider Supply Chain Operations (SCO) team so that the content of reports are fit for purpose and are aligned to wider SCO and Route Services reports
- Deliver, as directed, specific small improvement projects
- Be the day to day central focus for performance improvement procedures and processes for the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Demonstrable experience in analytical thinking with numerate and conceptual analysis capability
- Competent in statistical forecasting techniques
- Strong data analysis skills (preferably Business Objects/NROL)
- Flair for problem solving (proven record of successful innovation and creativity)
- Competent user of EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable application of continuous improvement techniques e.g. LEAN
- Ability to describe complex statistical relationships in a meaningful way
- Understanding of performance data systems
- Understanding of SCO delivery
How to apply (External) Salary:
32,740- 36,832 per annum pro rata
This is a 6 Month Fixed Term Opportunity
26/11/2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.Please clearly show in your application how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
Click apply now or click here for details of how to apply.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour
is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know that busy lives dont always fit around a traditional working pattern, if you need flexibility to complete your role (eg home working, part time, job share, compressed hours work pattern etc.), just let us know and we will do our upmost to help you to invest in your career with us while balancing other aspects of your life.
*Please note we have adapted our recruitment processes in line with Government advice during COVID-19. Interviews will take place virtually over video and for some office-based roles the successful candidate may need to work from home initially using their own personal device. This guidance is subject to change, we will update you accordingly. We appreciate your understanding.