A Global innovator who are market leaders in their field of expertise are currently looking for 2 Packaging Engineers to join their expanding technical team. This is a fast-paced manufacturing organisation who are experiencing significant growth and development with exciting projects in the pipeline.
If you have current experience as a Packaging Engineer with an engineering /design background and have successfully delivering products to market in a research and development environment, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Role and Responsibilities
* Research materials and identify suitable new materials to support innovation within new product development.
* Prepare and conduct laboratory tests using approved processes, equipment and materials to analyse & evaluate data, report results and advise on suitability and application of new materials.
* Utilise Thermal Simulation software to develop and model, assessing material properties and simulate thermal packaging system performance.
* Design and qualify innovative insulated packaging solutions to meet specific customer and/or market applications.
* Preparation of technical documentation to required standards; to include:
* Test reports
* Engineering Memos
* Validation / Qualification Protocols and Reports
* Material and Product Specifications
* Performance Summaries
* Technical Drawings
* Provide technical product support to customers and colleagues.
* Maintain technical documentation in-line with the company's change control system.
* Maintain the Technical Dept workplace to be of a high level of cleanliness and order.
* Support with New Product Introduction activities.
* Ensure adherence to all procedures and processes set up within the quality system.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality systems in use within the company.
* Ideally 3-5 years in an NPD/NPI role.
* Ability to efficiently plan, organise, priorities and manage own tasks.
* Experienced with presenting information directly to the customer.
* Proficient in Excel
* Microsoft Office
* Adobe CC
* CAD Software
* Must be able to drive
* Must be willing to travel, including abroad on occassion