Training Equipment Asset Manager - Contract Location(s): Portsmouth area Summary of Role:
The Training Equipment Asset Manager role is responsible to the Raytheon Programme Manager for leading the transition, provision and sustainment of a dynamic Training Equipment Service to support Royal Navy training in the UK. Main Duties:
To manage a small team whose responsibilities are the auditing, asset management and maintenance of Training Equipment across multiple Royal Navy sites and establishments.
Main duties will include:
Candidate Requirements: Essential:
- Manage and co-ordinate the equipment maintenance schedule to enable the delivery of the Training Equipment Service
- Ensure and monitor that all personnel involved in equipment maintenance are suitably qualified for role in which they are employed
- Lead and manage the introduction of new training equipment support processes and technologies in the delivery of modern equipment support solutions
- Champion the continued professional development of equipment maintenance and support personnel
- Oversee the monitoring of customer requirements and develop maintenance schedules to minimise SME single points of failure
- Improved the utilisation of Training Equipment Support Service staff, through accurate availability forecasting
- Manage the development and deployment of a new Asset Management System (AMS) across all departments and ensure that the AMS is fully exploited to support service delivery
- Lead inter-disciplinary working groups to resolve challenges and improve service provision.
Detailed knowledge and practical experience of:
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Professional level qualification (at or equivalent to a Degree) within the MOD training / engineering domains.
- Recent experience in the provision of Equipment Support Services within a UK military environment.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary, dispersed teams
- Life cycle programme management process and execution.
- Programme management tools and applications.
- Experience in UK MoD lifecycle maintenance procedure and processes within the Defence environment.
Should have some experience in:
About Raytheon UK
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) (Desirable).
- ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace (Essential).
- Recent experience of working within Defence/Industry collaborative projects.
- Experience in the promotion of equality and diversity within a multi-cultural environment.
- A working knowledge of MoD regulations and procedures relating to equipment maintenance and lifecycle management.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role. Standard Benefits:
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.