Role - Commercial Manager (12 months Fixed Term Contract)
Location - Harlow
Req ID - 169443BR
Summary of Role
To lead Commercial activity in the management of new and existing contracts with International, UK and MOD clients within one of Raytheon UK's key business areas, establishing and maintaining routine and non-routine contractual tasks, involvement in the bidding of high value contracts, identifying and managing commercial risk, interfacing daily internally and externally at a senior level, supporting the professional development of team members and contributing to business area.
• Drive a culture of contract compliance and performance
• Act as the face of Raytheon UK at customer meetings
• Engage as the functional point of contact within the local leadership team
• Develop and deliver contract management strategies
• Plan and develop innovative commercial solutions in support of proposals
• Negotiate contract agreements and manage non routine issues
• Drive complex due diligence, delegation and approvals activity
• Develop business cases and briefing materials for senior management reviews
• Own and manage Commercial risk and opportunity
• Participate in cross-functional improvement activity
• Model and Promote good Commercial process and practices
• Some International travel will be required
• Proven experience of customer management of multimillion £ value
• Experience of Customer Relationship Management and Influencing
• Experience of negotiating and changing multiple types of non-standard agreements
• Involvement in the development of Business Strategy
• Strong record of problem solving
• Ability to work in a team
• Commitment to personal development
• Experience of programme financial management
• Commercial Proposal and quotation preparation skills
• Driven and self-motivated to achieve results
• Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance
• Knowledge of UK MOD contract terms (DEFCONS) including the Defence Reform Act
• Knowledge of US Government contracting process (FARs/DFAR etc)
• Experience of dispute resolution
• Experience of working with local and international customers
• Strong network of industry/internal contacts
• Experience as Control Account Manager
• Business or Law degree or equivalent Commercial qualifications (e.g IACCM)
• Experience of collaborative working in BS11000 environment
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 169443BR.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.