Do you have experience guiding and supporting young people with their career choices?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to further develop your existing skills and expertise?
- Are you looking for a role where you can support pupils with MLD In developing their employability skills?
A Secondary SEMH School situated in Bolton are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who can support pupils with moderate learning difficulties in developing their employability and life skills. This role is for an immediate start and will continue into January, with the role eventually becoming a permanent role. This role will involve working 8.30am - 3.45pm and will involve working 5 days per week Monday - Friday. If you are successful in securing the position you will not be required to work within school holidays, so this position could be suitable for individuals who are looking for a role that can fit in with their personal circumstances.
The role will involve supporting pupils with moderate learning needs in developing their life skills. Due to the specific needs of the pupils we would be interested in applicants who have a considerable amount of experience supporting children or young people with SEN. Please be aware that this can be professional or personal experience.
The role will involve providing support to pupils in gaining employment upon leaving college and as a part of this role your roles and responsibilities might include:
• Exploring future programmes of study/ pathways for students with SEND
• Supporting pupils in developing their basic Maths and English skills in preparation for the world of work
• Equipping pupils with life skills such as: learning how to cook and clean and manage finances
• Supporting pupils in preparing for potential job or university interviews
• Supporting pupils with creating CVs and covering letters
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and qualifications to be considered for the post, please apply directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.