£23,920 p.a. plus bonus and benefits
Permanent, 40 hours per week, Tuesdays to Saturdays
* Are you a Retail Manager who enjoys taking the lead and optimising sales?
* Do you consider yourself to be passionate about the retail sector and pride yourself on high customer satisfaction?
* Are you looking for an amazing opportunity with a forward-thinking, vibrant company who really support their employees?
ER Recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with our client, Everards of Leicestershire, at their new flagship site at Everard Meadows for the opening of the Beer Hall.
Everards is a regional family brewery founded in 1849 by William Everard. It is headquartered in Leicestershire, employs over 70 people and produces c16,000 barrels of beer a year. The business owns 170 pubs which are operated by independent Business Owners (franchises employing over 3000 people) and have other Commercial Property assets mainly in the Midlands.
The Chairman, Richard Everard, is the fifth generation of the family to lead the business. Everards is very much an independent family business with the significant majority of shares held by family interests. It is firmly committed to remaining independent with Richard's son to become Chairman (who is currently Deputy Chairman) in due course. Richard's daughter is also a Non-Executive Director.
The Managing Director, Stephen Gould, joined Everards as a Trade Director in 2003 before becoming Managing Director in 2005. Although the brewery has been in existence for over 170 years, it embraces change with the support of the family and the Board.
They have an amazing team culture and a fresh and vibrant attitude to all things food and beverages related and are now seeking a Retail Manager to join them!
Role & Responsibilities of the Assistant Manager:
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the shop, taking charge of operations
* Using retail experience to optimise sales and represent the Everards brand
* Maintain & develop the shop business
* Work with the Beer Hall team to attract and manage team members
* Ensure the shop is well merchandised so that it's well presented, fully stocked and ready to optimise sales
* Feedback to the marketing team reaction and ideas on range and merchandising (based on experience and customer feedback)
* Implement controls around cost to optimise margins
* Seek innovative ways to drive trade
* Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
* Providing leadership to the front of house team
* Compliance with all relevant legislation
* Rota management working with the Beer Hall team
About You as the Assistant Manager:
* At least two years' experience in the retail sector
* A passion for customer service
* Creative and energetic
* Able to remain calm under pressure
* Effective communicator at all levels
* Supportive of company objectives
* Attention to Detail
* Team work
* Great inter-personal skills
* Good work ethic
* 25 days holiday
* Pension Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* A huge range of discounts including product allowances
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.
If you do not receive a response within five working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you