SEN Teacher - Hillingdon - January or Immediate Start Hillingdon£160-200 p/d Long term roleFull time
A SEN School in Hillingdon are looking for a SEN Teacher for a Key Stage 1 class with ASD needs. Some of the children are non verbal, so you will need to have experience working with children with Speech and Language needs and adapting the curriculum to make the lessons accessible to the children. Experience working with PECS and Makaton is advantageous.
As a SEN Teacher you will be confident in your practice, ensure that you are following Covid guidelines and ensure that there is a safe environment for learning for staff and pupils. There may also be some contribution from you for the virtual lessons programme that they have in place for pupils that have not yet returned to work.
This "Good" Ofsted rated school is looking to attract an enthusiastic, resilient and hard-working SEN Teacher who can provide a creative approach to learning.Job Description - SEN Teacher
Person Specification - SEN Teacher
- Experienced teachers within an ASD setting
- Immediate or January start
- Long term with the view to a permanent contract
- Competitive day rate
School Information - SEN Teacher
- Must hold UK QTS and have thorough experience teaching students with ASD needs
- Committed to sharing best practice and aware of the wider needs of the community
- Creative approach to virtual learning with the need to build rapport and encourage engagement
COVID-19 Notice -
- 'Good' School
- Supportive and motivated Head Teacher and SLT
- CPD opportunities available
We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.