GatherContent is a Content Operations Platform that helps teams produce effective content, at scale. Customers use our platform to manage the people and process that are required to produce high quality content.
We're a self-funded SaaS business and our goal is to continue growing our recurring revenue without raising VC money.
We work with leading digital agencies, higher education institutions, governments, non-profits and membership organisations. Some of our customers include Intel, DigitasLBI, Yale, The Australian Government and the NHS.
We launched in 2012 and now help thousands of customers, all over the world. Our team is fully remote, working from all over the UK.
We're looking for an experienced, UK-based SaaS Head of Marketing who has the drive to navigate our business through the next stage of growth.
It's important that you're excited about working in a business without VC involvement and love the challenge of working creatively and sustainably to grow monthly recurring revenue.
You will be accountable for leading our marketing team and for its performance.
We're looking for someone who is excited to make a mark, bring process, move key metrics and help us transform marketing into a high impact team at GatherContent. This will include identifying and scaling successful channels for customer acquisition.
It's essential that you have a strong aptitude for data and analytics and can translate these into clear, actionable insights for your team and the business.
You will be responsible for managing and coaching marketing team members. We have a team of two full-time marketers (Head of Content and Product Marketer) and we work with a number of specialist freelancers for design, content production and social media support.
Working closely with the founders, you will be responsible for developing the positioning of GatherContent, and evolving our go-to-market strategy. We do not have a sales organization and currently customer acquisition is driven largely by inbound marketing channels.
What we need
- Passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as well as individually.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You're also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast.
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, "What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?"
- Leave your ego at the door. We make decisions based on what's right for the company, no exceptions.
- Integrity- you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback- you're comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement- you're always looking for ways to better yourself, your team and company processes
- Wellness- you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
Previous experience required:
- 3+ years experience leading a marketing team within a B2B SaaS company
- Scaling a marketing team from 2- 5+ people
- Remote work experience
- Successfully evolving the positioning of a software product
- Track record of delivering results on key Marketing metrics (traffic, leads, trials, demos, SEO scores etc... )
Qualities and competencies:
- Ability to focus your team around goals, accountability and results- rather than milestones/project launches
- Experience hiring and managing people to build a winning team
- Technically versed and able to proactively work with our VP of Product and Product Team on upcoming feature launches and go-to-market strategies
- Building a deep understanding of our product, and using this to deliver effective marketing which leads to business growth
- Proactively speaking to customers and developing relationships with them that inform marketing
- Fluent in using data to inform decision making
- Competent with managing the marketing budget
- Ability to dig into CAC and attribution insights to strategically inform the business and marketing team
- Working closely with the founders to ensure that business goals are being met
- Proactively immersing yourself in the market, monitoring new opportunities for marketing
You need to include the word 'lizard' in your cover letter to show that you've read the job role (this helps us weed out time wasters!)
What we can offer you
- The chance to make an impact - We're a small team of 20, and we don't do silos, so there's a big opportunity for you to collaborate closely with people across the whole company and make your mark.
- Remote working within the UK - We're a distributed team, so whether you want to join a co-working space or get your work done from home, the choice and flexibility are yours.
- Work/life balance - We work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime. We don't want people burning out. We offer a full Headspace or Calm subscription and have free mental health support available.
- Easy-going team - We enjoy spending time with each other. Not being in the office together every day makes the heart grow fonder, so every year we organise for the whole team to hang out and catch up. Sadly this is currently on pause with COVID, but there will be in person events in future when things are more predictable
- Need a holiday? We offer 35 days of holiday per year, which means more time to do something off the beaten path
- Summer 4 -day weeks - We work a 4 day week in June, July and August
- Growth - We believe it's important for people to have the resources to grow both personally and professionally, so we offer a learning budget to help you scratch that knowledge itch.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: £50-70k + options, and dependent on what you bring to the table
- Working remotely anywhere in the UK (we offer budget for co-working spaces or to set-up your home office)
- Reports to CEO
Please be aware that although the position is remote, outside of the pandemic, you will be required to travel within the UK (usually Brighton and London) to attend team days /in-person sessions as needed. These are typically a few times per year, but are currently on hold due to COVID
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.