Sauce People Ltd are looking for a Design Devlopment Manager for one of our key long-term customers to lead a team of Multi-disciplined Engineers (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Software) to Develop and Sustain products for critical environments as defined by the System Engineering and Innovation Team. This is a new role created to focus on product design to ensure they are optimised for manufacturability, reliability and maintainability. Identify continuous improvements in process performance and control to ensure a consistent and predictable delivery to projects.
Responsibility for the overall personal development of the team and through effective leadership build and maintain a leading controlled product development expertise with a focus on Time Cost and Quality.
* Plan, allocate resource to support project delivery
* Awareness of project timelines and contribute to the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
* Lead and develop a team to be leading in development expertise to optimise product safety, manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
* Monitor, improve and manage team to deliver against development process.
* Strong engagement across all functions across the business
* Responsible for detailed design of equipment and components for new builds and to overcome obsolescence to meet requirements
* Provide development best practice and support to team
* Accountable for department budget
* Drive through product improvements and Engineering Changes raised.
* Employ best practice and provide consistency across team outputs
* Coach, support and mentor staff.
* Keep up to date with relevant standards and procedures to ensure design compliance with relevant legislation
* Ensure all documentation received is to the required Company standard and filed within the Company system to ensure access is provided for the relevant personnel
* Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
* Provide a professional backup service for colleagues during peak times or during absence.
* Follow company procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
* Act as an ambassador for the company in interactions with customers and the public.
* Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations
* Management/Leadership training
* Degree in an Engineering discipline
* Good knowledge of BS.8888 drawing practices
* A self-motivated leader and team player capable of working from self-direction
* Detailed knowledge of product design practices
* Able to build constructive relationships with customers and staff at all levels and build long-term successful partnerships.
* Able to build support for and drive through change.
* Analytical and technical problem solving skills
* Confident user of systems including the Microsoft suite
Ther will be a telephone screening with Sauce People followed by a video call with the client. Successfully shortlisted candidates will then be invited onsite