Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a leading international engineering company in the recruitment of an Engineering Project Manager.
Your role will be diverse and all encompassing, responsible for the engineering and managing all aspects of a project from design to customer delivery including: quotation; product engineering; logistics; installation and commissioning.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to design and develop market leading products for the global market and help us achieve our goals.
* Technical consultation with customers to determine the project specification.
* Agree the design, quality standards, and budget of the project.
* Create quotations and technical specifications.
* Negotiate with stakeholders (clients, subcontractors, and suppliers).
* Manage multiple projects ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the customer's technical requirement.
* Organise and lead work teams, co-ordinating bespoke and NPD project activities.
* Identify problems and evaluate possible solutions to meet the client's needs.
* Maintain and enhance a productive working relationship with the customer.
* Exchange information, and provide advice to technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
* Preparing letters documents, test specifications and instruction manuals.
* Oversee installation and commissioning and create the relevant documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Support for International Sales partners.
Key skills and qualifications:
* Degree qualified in a scientific/technical discipline including mechanical engineering, material sciences, physics, process engineering or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
* An accomplished design engineer with the ability to present technical information to others including mechanical and electrical design draughtsmen.
* Basic knowledge of properties and treatment of technical materials (e.g. ceramics, metals)
* At least 10 years' experience in the field of technically demanding products.
* Knowledge of relevant directives and safety standards is essential.
* Must have project management qualifications, Prince2 an advantage, and proven experience within previous roles.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, purchasing and suppliers/sub-contractors.
* Must have good communication skills, have the ability to work on their own initiative, prioritise workload and the skills to be a good team player.
* Must be computer literate. (Word/Excel/Microsoft Project)
* Valid passport holder and clean driving license required for occasional international or UK travel.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment