Site Service Engineer
Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire - FK12 5DQ
Salary: £35,875 - £37,925, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours/Shifts: 37.5 hours either Monday-Friday 9am-5pm or Monday to Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-2.30pm.
Omega Diagnostics Ltd. are a UK based healthcare company headquartered in Alva near Stirling in Scotland and founded in 1987. We employ approximately 140 staff between two sites in Alva and Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
We develop and manufacture a range of immunodiagnostic products. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through innovative diagnostic tests and global partnerships. We are significantly expanding our existing manufacturing capacity on both UK sites for the production of Covid-19 tests.
To manage the preventative maintenance programme and to provide breakdown cover for a range of medical device manufacturing and quality control equipment and utilities. validation activities for new equipment.
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
• Track and trend critical assets performance to identify deterioration in output quality.
• Conduct systematic and rigorous fault diagnosis to accurately identify the root causes of performance issues.
• Report on the nature of faults, causes and solutions via electronic Document Management System.
• Identify and carry out continuous improvement activities
Health and Safety (Working within the company's policy on H&S at work).
• Conduct safety risk assessments prior to any maintenance/repair work.
• Identify potential operational safety risks and take necessary actions to remove hazards.
• Ensure equipment is handed back to production in a safe condition.
• Manage the PAT testing program.
• Track incident reports and support the implementation of actions to avoid recurrence of issues.
Asset Reliability and Availability.
• Respond promptly to requests to address asset failures.
• Carry out efficient remedial activities to the required standards.
• Drive systems to maximise asset availability.
Quality Compliance (Working within the company's Quality Management Systems).
• Ensure that non-conformances are initiated promptly for assets failing to meet quality requirements.
• Regularly review equipment SOPs and maintenance requirements to ensure they remain relevant and effective.
Collaboration (Quality and Production Functions).
• Build good working partnerships across all relevant functional areas.
• Provide asset and engineering subject matter expertise.
• Liaise with Supply Chain to optimise usage and quality of stock materials used on equipment
• Input on and carry out validation deliverables
• Be the subject matter expert to provide guidance and assurance to project teams on validation deliverables
• Work within the change control process
• Attend governance, progress and review meetings when requested by the project team(s).
Knowledge. Skills & Experience:
• 3 years + in similar role working independently
• HNC/HND or equivalent, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and C&G 2391-50
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and to logically fault find
• Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics (Compressors - air and HVAC)
• Experience in carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance in similar environment
• Review, generate and execute validation protocols and reports for existing and new equipment.
• Carry out Validation Risk Assessments, FMEA's.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Works well as a team member.
• Patient & enthusiastic.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective communication skills.
Our core values:
• Customer Focus: takes responsibility for customer satisfaction.
• Accountability: actively asks "what more can I do".
• Collaboration: supports colleagues and communicated clearly.
• Respect & Honesty: open and transparent, treats others well and builds trust with others.
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us in four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please