People Development Manager Based in Stoke on Trent £50,000-£55,000 DOE Your new role
Your new role as the People Development Manager will build, develop and deliver people development interventions that will support all colleagues to learn and grow.
You will work closely with the in house people services team and wider business to identify opportunities where people development can enable organisational strategy.
You will work to ensure the organisation has a progressive development strategy that;
- mitigates risk by ensuring effective and robust mandatory training processes
- minimises and mitigates skills gaps through the development of our leaders, apprentices and graduates.
- implements learning strategies at all levels of the business
- designs, develops and delivers an organisational learning roadmap that supports and meets the current and future business needs by providing appropriate virtual and non-virtual solutions
Your key accountabilities will be;
- Skills and competence training - develop a strategy which will identify skills gaps within the organisation and provide a development plan to address the gaps. Ensure all skills training is followed through and effectively managed. Maximise delivery of in house training and ensure cost managed.
- Personal development - Engaging with stakeholders and identify succession and workforce plans and identify strategies for blended learning
- MI and reporting - ensuring accuracy of the organisation training records and provide regular MI for cost, delivery and ad hoc projects. Also reviewing costs of external training providers and evaluate effectiveness of delivery, ensuring feedback channelling and remedial plans in place
- Onboarding and induction - design, develop and embed consistent onboarding plans, to include generic and role specific induction training.
What you'll need to succeed
- Apprenticeships and graduates - working effectively with the HRBPs to identify graduate training needs, regional succession plans, developing apprenticeship framework and utilising apprenticeship levy
What you'll get in return
- Experience of utilising Apprenticeship Levy and track record of delivering successful apprenticeship, graduate, and professional development interventions.
- A wealth of L&D knowledge that enables best practice and industry specific trends
- Able to deliver end to end solutions including design and delivery
- Strategic and commercial thinker that understands the importance in getting the basics right and plans solutions against reactive working.
- Progressive thinking.
- Curious and disruptive
- Excels at building strong relationships
- Has the ability to future proof and minimise skills gaps using expertise, internal stakeholders, data and external network by being a compelling idea generator.
- Previous experience of driving forward initiatives that compliment stakeholder strategies.
- Previous experience of driving forward early careers agenda to a good or outstanding level.
- Understanding of organisational budgeting and driving spend efficiencies through effective budget management
- Management of suppliers relationships to ensure delivery and output against agreed KPIs
- Strong coaching/ mentoring skills ideally with a coaching qualification
- Understanding excellence in teaching and delivery methods to ensure that delegates are engaged.
- Internal curriculum design.
You will receive a rewarding career opportunity in which you can bring forth your creative and change and develop a team and fill the skills gap. Salary of £50,000-£55,000 DOE. Home based role with the expectation to attend office in Stoke on Trent when required. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.