We are looking for dedicated trained teachers who have experience teaching students with Special Needs.
Here at Protocol Education we are working with a local SEND school based in Chessington, they are currently looking for SEND teachers who can teach students between the ages 11-19. We understand that things have been a little quieter than usual however we are expecting an influx of work in January 2021.
• Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
• Manage 2-3 TA's
• Be confident and resilient
• Basic Safeguarding Knowledge
• Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
• Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
Ideal candidates for Special Educational Needs Teachers:
• Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction and Rapid Prompting Method
• Team Teach Trained
• Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
• A patient, flexible and understanding approach
• Excellent communication skills
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by NARIC
A little about the role & School;
This School caters for Children who experience difficulties with concentration, memory and logical thinking. Many Pupils also have additional needs associated with Hearing, Vision, Co-ordination, Speech and Language, and Physical Difficulties. Provision is made in small classes with support assistants and Speech and Language Therapists. The students at this school are aged 11-19 years. The majority of students come from mainstream Primary Schools where they have been supported 1:1 by an adult. The team working at this special education school are friendly and they strive to make sure pupils, staff, parents, carers and visitors feel welcome, valued, and safe. They believe each individual is unique and has their own special talent that can be developed in a calm, thoughtful and ordered school.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00