My Client Walsall Council are looking for a an experienced Accountant/Finance Business Partner who can communicate and build up a good working relationship with managers whilst also having the ability to challenge. They should also be solution driven so can support managers with issues such as action planning to resolve potential overspends etc. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a strategic mind set.
This position is currently full remote.
Main purpose of the job role:
To effectively manage yourself and the staff for which you are responsible, including ensuring at all times the following
* Written procedures for all team roles are prepared and monitored
* Deadlines are effectively managed, prioritised and met
* Adequate staff cover to ensure maintenance of an effective finance service both within the team and across the finance service where appropriate
* Resources aims, objectives and priorities are met
* Performance is maintained, managed and reported in line with APC guidelines
* Service improvement, change management and process developments are implemented
* Able to demonstrate high technical ability to ensure accounting standards and codes of practice are understood and adhered to.
* Ability to develop business cases and financial summaries using appropriate tools and techniques.
* Experience of management accounting.
* Experience of budget setting techniques and processes.
* Experience of providing accountancy services within a large organisation.
* Member of CCAB body undertaking active CPD, or actively studying for a CCAB/CIMA qualification, or proven experience of providing accountancy services with a willingness to study and gain a CCAB/CIMA qualification
If this sounds like the right role for you then please get in touch today