We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD)
to join us at Cygnet Hospital Clifton as a Ward Manager
You'll be working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, but may include long days and weekends as required) at Cygnet Hospital Clifton.Cygnet Hospital Clifton
is a 24 bed specialist low secure service for men with a personality disorder, who also present with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours.Ancaria Ward
is the admissions/ initial treatment ward, which offers a defined pathway through to Acorn Ward
, which has a focus on rehabilitation, in preparation for moving on into the community or supported living.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others - every day.Your Day-to-Day...
You will have...
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care, therapeutically based on a named nurse/team nursing approach and to ensure junior staff do the same.
- Co-ordinate clinical aspects of the clinic and to ensure a sound co-operation between the clinical departments in the interests of delivering an excellent service to patients.
- To be conversant with and implement all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, whether clinical or administrative or representing interface between the two areas.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to. To update local documentation in consultation with other colleagues in accordance with company guidelines, NMC guidelines, legislation and current research.
- Support staff in delivering a high standard of care through regular appraisals, training and development of evidence/research based practice.
- Participate in the manager's on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (RMN / RNLD) with a current Pin Number
- Must have experience in managing low secure units
- Preferrable experience in working with male personality disorder
- The ability to delegate in a clinical management role or have worked as a Ward Manager or Deputy, Senior Nurse or Clinical Team Leader
- Compassion, resilience and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 & latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Dedication to empower & support service user independence
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus more ... https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Location Information Cygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
At Cygnet Hospital Clifton
we aim to sequence interventions according to Professor Livesley's integrated treatment model. The therapeutic milieu aims to ensure consistency and optimal conditions for growth and change in a positive and effective environment.
The treatment model we provide at Cygnet Hospital Clifton
is delivered in the context of a cohesive multidisciplinary, psychologically informed team approach, with the patient at its centre. We aim to create opportunities for sustained positive behavioural change, by applying a consistent approach where the men in our care feel encouraged to develop positive interpersonal skills to reduce maladaptive or pathological behaviours.What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!Click the link to apply.
Job Description Cygnet_Clifton_Ward_Manager_JD.docx