Job Overview: Our client has retained our services to assist them in appointing a Service Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, commission and servicing of robotics and ancillary equipment into predominantly the plastic injection moulding manufacturing environment.
* As a Service Engineer you must have good electro-mechanical maintenance skills with strong experience in PLC programming and have had previous experience of commissioning, calibrating, breakdown and diagnosis repair.
* Ideal applicants will be either within a Service Engineer role or be a competent Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Technician with good mechanical engineering experience & qualifications.
* Whilst having the need to often work alone, you can rest assured that you are supported by other Service Engineers as well as a highly skilled management team from the company head office, therefore you must be self-motivated and confident in making key decisions on the spot.
* This is a great opportunity for a Service Engineer who is looking for a structured career prospect, working with an established team and supported with training in UK & Europe, and shadow training with other Service Engineers & Service Manager.
* Good teamwork skills with an ability to perform as a flexible team member with a clear focus on achieving objectives
* Good project management skills with the ability to manage times
* Flexible attitude to work and be able to adapt quickly to change
* The ability to investigate, understand and solve equipment/system problems
* The ability to act as a key interface between the company and client
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
* The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
* A self-starter/proactive with the ability to work with the minimum supervision
* Ability to work away from home is essential
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to build clear and concise/service engineering reports
* Full and clean driving license
* Electrical/Mechanical Engineering HNC, time-served apprenticeship or C&G
* Installation, service and repair of electro-mechanical machinery
* Have strong knowledge of robotics and PLC controlled equipment
* Performing tasks under pressure to meet production requirements
* Building and maintaining good working relations
* Ability to identify areas of improvement for customers
Key Words: "Service Engineer", "Field Service Engineer", "Electrical Maintenance", "Electro Mechanical", Maintenance Engineer", Senior Maintenance Engineer", Multi-Skilled", "Maintenance Technician", "Maintenance Manager", "Maintenance Technician", "Robotics", "Injection Moulding" "Plastics"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e.: salary, location, job roles