Finance Business Partner
Contract - 5 month
Working from work - London
SC Clearance Required
The MOD Head Office Finance team is looking for two Finance Business Partners to support two of the management groups within their headquarters in London. You will have the opportunity to contribute to and lead the Director General Finance or Chief Defence of People core financial management and business partnering activities as well as supporting work to improve the services provided to the business under the finance business partnering model across the wider team.
You will be a key member of the Head Office finance team and will have a broad range of responsibilities supporting budgets and the delivery of the finances for the management groups identified, including:
* Building effective stakeholder engagement - Building successful partnerships and maintaining relationships with both business leadership and wider stakeholders.
* Supporting the business to deliver their outcomes - Working collaboratively with the business and other functions to enable the delivery of business plans and objectives. Communicating with impact and providing insight including financial and wider business implications. Support the business to resolve complex problems.
* Driving financial performance - against agreed targets working with stakeholders ensuring budgets are well structured, managed and monitored. Providing robust data and insight to management teams leading business areas. Develop an understanding of the drivers behind key variations. Promoting a high standard of financial management and compliance.
* Providing constructive challenge, scrutiny, insight and analysis - to the business/Budget Holders on their financial plans and programmes to ensure ambitions are sustainable and maximise value for money. Input into the development of business cases, investment appraisals and proposals identifying and highlighting any potential issues.
* Leading a team of finance business partners and support team - setting the direction, empowering, motivating and coaching team members to enable effective delivery of objectives and supporting individuals' personal development.
A CCAB accountancy qualification is highly desirable but not essential provided there is sufficient financial management expertise around forecasting, budgeting, reporting, use of finance systems and accounting concepts.
Ideally you will have customer service ethos, able to build relationships with senior finance and non-finance stakeholders and help them get focused on the critical financial issues. You will also ideally be flexible and responsive, especially in complex environments or during times of change, acting as the champion for continuous improvement. Some experience of working outside of finance or with colleagues from non-financial areas such as policy, commercial or human resources would also be beneficial.
Travel - the role is currently on a working from home basis (laptop/IT kit to be supplied) with occasional office travel for essential meetings.
You must be SC cleared currently and be able to provide details of your SC clearance on application.
Applications close 05.11.2020
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website