AJ Chambers are currently working with a firm of Chartered Accountants, who have a rare opportunity for a part qualified ACCA/CIMA or AAT candidate to join their team.
You will be joining a highly motivated team and will report to the Accountant/Partner.
* Preparing monthly management accounts for a portfolio of clients in the media, advertising, food & fitness and medical compliance sector.
* Meeting client bookkeeping requirements, reconciling banks and carry out balance sheet reconciliations
* Maintaining SAGE & Xero accounting records to trial balance and full control of ledgers.
* Provide assistance to the accountant(s) in preparing statutory accounts for limited companies, partnerships, LLPs and sole traders
* Calculating year end corporate and personal tax liabilities and submitting tax returns
* Completing VAT Returns, EC Sales list and Intrastat returns
* Processing ad hoc payroll, process payroll journals & submit monthly pension data
* Communicating with HMRC where appropriate
* Keeping partners informed of progression of engagements
* Providing general advice and assistance to clients by email, telephone and face to face
The Ideal Candidate:
* 2 years' experience working as a Management Accountant, or a similar role
* Experience of using Sage 50, Xero, Sage AP and MS Excel (Xero certification preferred)
* A basic understanding of all aspects of statutory accounts preparation & corporate/personal taxation
* Experience in preparing accounts under FRS 102 and FRS 102 1A
* Competency in preparing cashflow forecasts & management accounts
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Management Accountant - Stevenage