Role: Children's Home Manager
Salary: Up to £42k
Hours: Full Time
A small children's home in Oldham are currently seeking an experienced and committed care professional to become the Registered Manager of this small residential home. This role is with an independent company, and the ideal candidate for this role must be an experienced manager with a proven track record of working in children's services.
About the Service and Role:
The service specialises in individualised care programmes for children and young people with a variety of needs including emotional/behavioural needs. As registered manager, you will manage every aspect of the care provision and ensure an outstanding level of service for those under your care. You should have considerable experience of working with young people with complex needs and / or mental health, OFSTED Care experience and successful experience in improving OFSTED outcomes and supporting and providing debrief to staff who work with challenging behaviour. In return, my client can offer an excellent salary of up to £42K amongst other employee benefits.
• To develop and sustain professional & caring relationships with all young people, actively support young people to develop their understanding of their own health & wellbeing either directly or through working with key staff across the service.
• To liaise with and support a variety of internal and external colleagues and professionals to promote an integrated approach to meeting our young peoples' complex requirements. These may include: psychiatrists; clinical psychologists; clinical paediatricians; dieticians; GP's; psychotherapists and others.
• To work with and guide the residential team, ensuring the health and safeguarding of every young person underpins practice.
• To be an active member of the senior leadership team in ensuring all young people's health and safeguarding needs are met.
• To represent the health and safeguarding within the school for external inspectorate visitors such as OFSTED, LA's, etc.
• Sound knowledge of current Ofsted care regulations for children's homes and all associated legislation - you must have a minimum of 2 years Ofsted experience
• 2 years' experience in a position relevant to residential care of children
• Previous management experience
• Dynamic & Enthusiastic
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
• NVQ Level 5 or Equivalent
If this opportunity interests you, and you believe that you've got what it takes to be a successful candidate, I would be more than happy to arrange a conversation with you to discuss this further.
You can call me on (phone number removed), email me at (url removed), or you can find me on LinkedIn (https://(url removed)/in/laura-leadbitter-3b7aa7180/)