About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Highway Maintenance Design Team Leader to join our Living Places business unit to work in Southampton.
To lead and manage a team ensuring design works are delivered on time, budget and programme. Proactively manage short, medium and long term delivery highway maintenance programmes and lead the way in adopting technology and innovative techniques.
Implement company policy and procedure and adopt collaborative management techniques to ensure staff development and progression against agreed goals and objectives.
To manage the Design Maintenance team with an absolute focus on people, management and delivery. Sound commercial and project management capabilities are a must have attribute.
What you'll be doing
As a Highway Maintenance Design Team Leader , your main responsibilities are as follows:
* Manage project planning, development and implementation requiring the technical and managerial integration of a range of resources ( Design team, Operational support, Consultants, Supply Chain) to meet challenging customer and cost requirements.
* Provide end to end project management governance over the Southampton HSP maintenance portfolio of projects to ensure all delivery objectives are met.
* Provide leadership to the team and create a culture whereby technical excellence and subject matter experts can thrive and flourish, with robust managerial support and guidance. Proactively develop staff within an engineering team.
* Provide leadership and support to an engineering team to allow them to think outside of the box to create innovative and sustainable solutions that minimise whole life costs, minimise maintenance costs and risk but achieve excellent results for our client.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
* APMP Preferred
* Demonstrable people and team management skills
* Proven delivery of Highway maintenance portfolio of projects
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums. Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists