Please note that our office location is in Telford. Whilst we can support remote working for part of the week, we will require you to travel into, and work from the office a few days a week once it is safe to do so again.WHAT WE'RE DOING
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £44,000 - £51,000
depending on experience, you'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know - and feel - that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As our NOC Engineer Team Leader, you'll play a vital role in ensuring that the team operates efficiently, accurately and professionally so we can maximise network performance for our customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Coaching and mentoring members of your team, as well as carrying out regular staff progress reviews and appraisals
- Managing the team skills matrix and individual development plans, arranging training as required to meet technology requirements
- Managing the workload allocation amongst the team - including network installations and upgrade projects, assigning milestones to NOC Engineers, ensuring deadlines for full implementations are met
- Acting as an escalation point in the team for troubleshooting issues related to network infrastructure and hardware
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, acting as the Technical Lead, during fault and maintenance conditions
You'll have a strong background in network support, with good working knowledge of Cisco IOS, IP, BGP and any associated routing protocols. As you'll be leading a team of NOC Engineers, previous experience and strong skills in leadership are essential. It's also important that you have the flexibility to work on call and as part of a 24/7 shift rota as required.OUR CULTURE
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other
, think smart and act fast
, and we love giving it our best
to build a legacy
together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91149745