Are you looking for a Teaching Assistant role in Horsham?
Do you have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs?
Teaching Personnel is seeking to recruit experienced teaching assistants to work with children with SEN or to support either one-to-one or in small groups, mostly on a long-term basis to ensure continuity for pupils.
Special needs assistants help pupils with a wide range of learning, physical or behavioural difficulties. You will need to be patient but firm when necessary.
The role may include some of the following tasks:
• Helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
• Encouraging children to be confident and independent
• Helping children understand instructions
• Encouraging children to communicate
• Preparing learning materials
• Supporting children during social activities and outings
• Helping children during therapy sessions
• Looking after children's physical needs
• Carrying out a child's care plan (education, social behaviour and personal)
• Keeping records in line with school policies
We are currently looking for candidates that have the experience of working with/knowledge of, one or more of the following:
• ASD, SEMH, Dyslexia, MLD, PMLD or SpLD
• Behaviour management
• Education Therapy
• One-to-one or small group support work
• Must be able to drive
If you're interested in the above position then please get in touch and contact Harry Brighton's SEN Recruitment Consultant at harry.ford@teachingpersonnel .com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.