A highly attractive Risk Management role with a market leading Independent Fund Management and Investment Administration service provider has arisen, due to continued sustained growth and ambitious forward-looking strategies within each of the organisation's current business lines.
This important role will be contributing to the continued development of the risk management framework, culture and practices ensuring they remain fit for purpose as the business continues to progress and develop rapidly.
The role will be central to providing each of the allocated business lines and functions with dedicated and expert specialist support as they drive to deliver and continually develop an effective risk and control environment.
The standard of risk management achieved in the business is of key importance to the firm's commercial success and service offering to the market. As such, you should also be confident and comfortable supporting and representing the business to external stakeholders and being the subject of regular external oversight assessments and audits (both on-site and remotely).
Operating in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing sector, you will have a background in mutual/ collective funds (preferably with a direct exposure to fund administration operations in a first line or second line oversight or assurance capacity). You will have a sound of general risk management practices and disciplines, including the development, production and delivery of risk registers, RCSA's, incident management processes and risk reporting methods. A good understanding of the UK and EU regulatory landscape will also be of significant benefit as you will be regularly working alongside or in collaboration with compliance colleagues and internal and external audit functions.
Working within an independent second line enterprise-wide risk function and reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk for the Fund Solutions division, you will be comfortable with operating independently and managing numerous simultaneous initiatives and projects on a self-sufficient basis.
You will be the primary day to day Risk Management contact for the location(s) and functions under your remit and be comfortable delivering individual support and advice, designing and delivering group workshops and presentations and on occasion, offering independent assessment and challenge to the same business functions and its management team
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
* Reporting to Head of Enterprise Risk, oversee the risk management process and its practical application within the business location(s) and operations allocated to the role (currently multiple UK locations, Ireland and Luxemburg).
* Ensure the first line business applies appropriate risk management practices and techniques which are consistently in line with the Group Risk Framework and Policy and local regulatory obligations.
* Provide specialist risk management support, training and facilitation across the organisational structure and hierarchy, ensuring content is appropriately positioned to the intended audience.
* Develop and maintain open communication with the business operation, at all levels, ensuring business risks are clearly identified, articulated and reported to appropriate governance forums.
* Promote a risk and conduct culture which enables consistent identification and reporting of emerging risks, incidents and issues, ensuring appropriate escalation methods are in place throughout the operation.
* Facilitate, cascade and monitor the effective implementation of developments in the Group Risk Management Framework, policies and procedures.
* Support the risk governance arrangements and process through active contribution and involvement in (where required) governing bodies and committees, incident management resolution, change programs, projects and new business initiatives.
* Undertake scheduled and ad hoc risk assurance reviews and thematic deep dive assessments in line the business requirements, delivering high quality reports and recommendations for local and Group leadership.
* Collaborate with Group Risk Subject Matter Experts to ensure consistent delivery of the annual Group and local risk plans, policy developments, adjustments to risk appetite, risk strategy and ongoing development of the firms conduct culture.
Experience & Personal Attributes
* Strong risk management knowledge and expertise preferably developed in a dedicated risk management capacity (or alternatively in a compliance or audit role) with an asset manager, AFM/ACD, Depositary or fund auditor.
* Excellent knowledge of the investment management and /or collective (mutual) funds sector, particularly in a front and/or middle office perspective.
* In depth technical understanding of investment operations, outsourcing controls, investment risk management and the related collective funds regulation, will be a significant benefit.
* Excellent; communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence and capability to interact and negotiate with individuals at all levels within an organisation of this scale.
* Self-motivated and the ability to operate independently and take the initiative, is essential.
* Experience of coordinating and producing multi-source management information, dashboards, scorecards and reports, including a strong analytical capability.
* Highly organised and able to manage own workload and numerous simultaneous tasks to meet stretching targets and strict deadlines.
* Ability to travel regularly to various locations, including London, Leeds, Dublin and Luxemburg