RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Investigative Support Assistant to be based at Keyham Lane Police Station in Leicester, on a temporary basis for 6 month with an hourly rate of £11.76 per hour including 10% shift allowance on weekdays and £17.46 on weekends. The shift consists of working early and late shifts and every other weekend.
Your role will be to provide investigative support to the Safeguarding and Investigations departments of Delivering Justice Directorate namely the Complex Crime Team.
* Assist in investigations by undertaking a wide range of tasks under the direction of supervisor/police officer.
* Assisting in the interviewing of suspects.
* Assisting in the completion of criminal files of evidence by undertaking allocated tasks.
* Provide assistance to the investigation by obtaining statements of evidence for criminal investigation.
* Assist in the examination, preservation and continuity of evidence and exhibits such as CCTV recovered during an investigation in accordance with procedure.
* Submitting accurate reports into the force intelligence systems.
* Liaise with a range of agencies in relation to the gathering of evidence.
* Ensure material is identified and recorded in accordance with CPIA.
* To discuss cases with supervisors and provide information to assist in disposal decisions.
* Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Demonstrate recent experience in a role requiring the use of investigation skills.
* Knowledge of legislation including Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act (CPIA)
* Previous experience of working within a high pressured environment with high workloads.
* The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* To be computer literate and able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work.
* To have experience in the production of accurate reports or documents with attention to detail.
* Must have the ability and be willing to travel within the client's area to carry out activities associated with the role
Please note that this role is subject to vetting and you are required to hold a full UK driving licence.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer